I realized that some of you may be wanting to teach the second verse this Sunday, so here’s my simplified ASL. By simplified I mean that we are only doing some of the signs, not translating directly. I do teach the kids the accurate sign. I guess you could say I simplify the lyrics but not the words?
- a lot of the signs we have already used in “As a Child of God” and I may go back and add the signs for “Holy Ghost” to that song.
- For digression I used the sign for “stray.” They use the same sign in the ASL Hymn video.
- I used the sign for time instead of hour since the context means time, not an actual hour.
- I can’t wait to teach the kids the sign for “inspire” that looks exactly like what inspire feels like to me :0)
- I chose to use this sign for soul because it has a more spiritual connotation than the other one. Please feel free to disagree with me!
- “pursue” is going to be fun too. ‘here is one hand pursuing, or trying to catch up to or follow the other one.”
- “Heaven” has a lot of variations, I chose the one I think the kids will like best.
Update: final (?) version